New! 2016 FWRSEF Program Guide
The 2016 FWRSEF Program Guide is now available. It includes a high-level schedule, a listing of our Sponsors, a Parking map and directions, and a map of the University of Texas at Arlington campus.
Rules and Guidelines
Please visit the Intel ISEF website for detailed information on project rules and guidelines. Additional rulebooks are linked here:
Questions and Contact
- For questions regarding rules and forms, contact:
Dr. Yuan B Peng, Fair Director
Email: email@example.com P.O. Box 19528
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, TX 76019-0528
- For questions about forming an SRB or IRC contact:
Dr. Michael Roner, SRC Chair
- For information about supporting the fair or volunteering, email:
Dr. Yuan B Peng
- December 11, 2015
- Projects needing approval from the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) must be approved either by a local SRC or the FWRSEF SRC if the school is small enough to establish its own SRC (e.g, home school).
- January 22, 2016
- Registration deadline
- February 12, 2016
- Project categories are finalized. No changes to a category may be requested by a teacher, parent or student.
- February 21, 2016
- Project setup for all participants (12 PM to 5 PM) at the College Park Events Center at The University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas
- February 22, 2016
- The Fort Worth Regional Science and Engineering Fair!
- March 31 to April 2, 2016
- The ExxonMobil Texas Science and Engineering Fair at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas
- May 8–13, 2016 (Division I Only)
- The Intel International Science and Engineering Fair at the Phoenix Convention Center in Phoenix, Arizona.
- June 2016 (Division II Only) — check online for application deadline
- A selected number of middle school students will be nominated to enter their project via online application. From national entrants, 300 semifinalists will be selected, including 30 finalists who win an all-expense paid trip to Washington, DC to compete in the 2016 Broadcom MASTERS Competition.
February 21, 2016
|12:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Project setup (all grades)|
February 22, 2016
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Closed-door judging|
|9:30 AM – 11:30 AM||Project presentation|
|Students demonstrate their projects to the judges
Mandatory for Division I students (Grades 9–12).
|11:30 AM – 5:00 PM||Student Activities (CPC)|
|Science fair participants may participate in activities provided by UTA Science and Engineering, Lockheed Martin, and RadioShack on UTA campus. Prior registration required!|
|3:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Public project viewing, science show, student activities|
|7:00 PM – 8:30 PM||Awards Ceremony|
|8:30 PM – 9:00 PM||Public viewing and teardown|
|9:00 PM||Exhibit hall closes|
|All project displays must be removed.
Unattended items will be removed after closing.
Maps & Directions
- Venue: College Park Events Center
- College Park Events Center Information
- Parking Permit: print and display permit on front windshield
- Download Parking Permit [PDF]
- Parking Location: park only in areas marked as "Event Parking"
- Click to view full size image
- Bus Parking Guidelines: busses may only park in designated areas.
- UTA Bus Parking Guidelines [PDF]