Rules and Guidelines
Please visit the Intel ISEF website for detailed information on project rules and guidelines. Additional rulebooks and "Best Practices" for using the Scienteer system are linked here:
- School and Teacher Guide [PDF]
- Student Guide [PDF]
- Research Guidelines & TimeRequirements [PDF] New!
- Scienteer Student Steps [PDF] New!
- Teacher Orientation [PDF] New!
Questions and Contact
- For questions regarding rules and forms, contact:
Dr. Yuan B Peng, Fair Director
Email: email@example.com P.O. Box 19528
University of Texas at Arlington
Arlington, TX 76019-0528
- For questions about forming an SRB or IRC contact:
Dr. Michael Roner, SRC Chair
- For information about supporting the fair or volunteering, email:
Dr. Yuan B Peng
- October 18, 2016
- Scienteer Teacher Training
- 6–8 PM at Tarrant County College
- Trinity River Campus
- 300 Trinity Campus Circle, Fort Worth, TX 76102
- Bldg TRTR, Room 4030
- December 9, 2016
- Projects needing approval from the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) must be approved either by a local SRC or the FWRSEF SRC if the school is small enough to establish its own SRC (e.g., home school).
- January 20, 2017
- Registration deadline
- February 3, 2017
- Project categories are finalized. No changes to a category may be requested by a teacher, parent or student.
- February 19, 2017
- Project setup for all participants (12 PM to 5 PM) at the College Park Events Center at The University of Texas at Arlington in Arlington, Texas
- February 20, 2017
- The Fort Worth Regional Science and Engineering Fair!
- Judging and Awards Ceremony
- March 31 to April 1, 2017
- The Texas Science and Engineering Fair at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas
- May 14–19, 2017 (Division I Only)
- The International Science and Engineering Fair in Los Angeles, CA
February 19, 2017
|12:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Project setup (all grades)|
February 20, 2017
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Closed-door judging|
|9:30 AM – 11:30 AM||Project presentation|
|Students demonstrate their projects to the judges
Mandatory for Division I students (Grades 9–12).
|11:30 AM – 4:00 PM||Student Activities (CPC)|
|Science fair participants may participate in activities provided by UTA College of Science, College of Engineering, and FWRSEF sponsors. Prior registration required!|
|3:00 PM – 7:00 PM||Public project viewing, science show, student activities|
|7:00 PM – 8:30 PM||Awards Ceremony|
|8:30 PM – 9:00 PM||Public viewing and teardown|
|9:00 PM||Exhibit hall closes|
|All project displays must be removed.
Unattended items will be removed after closing.
Maps & Directions
- Venue: College Park Events Center
- College Park Events Center Information
- Parking Permit: print and display permit on front windshield
- Parking Location: park only in areas marked as "Event Parking"
- Click to view full size image
- Bus Parking Guidelines: busses may only park in designated areas.
- UTA Bus Parking Guidelines [PDF]